Get in Touch


->Contact us

Brooklyn Chaos: Unprovoked Rampage Leaves Three Men Brutally Attacked, Including Sleeping Stranger on Subway

Brooklyn Chaos: Unprovoked Rampage Leaves Three Men Brutally Attacked, Including Sleeping Stranger on Subway

In a harrowing incident that unfolded in the early hours of Sunday, a 27-year-old man named Abraham Kentish embarked on a violent rampage in Brooklyn, leaving three men injured, including an unsuspecting stranger who was sleeping on the subway. The chaos began around 1:45 a.m. at the Blake Avenue Shelter in East New York, where Kentish, armed with a blade, slashed a 38-year-old man in the face and stabbed a 70-year-old man in the chest, according to police reports.

After the brutal attacks, Kentish fled the shelter and made his way to a nearby No. 4 train station, where he boarded a train bound for Crown Heights. Inside the subway car, a 26-year-old man who had been peacefully sleeping awoke to the horrifying realization that he had been cut on the neck, indicating the indiscriminate nature of the assailant's violence.

Law enforcement caught up with Kentish around 3:20 a.m. at the intersection of Pennsylvania Ave. and Linden Blvd., apprehending him and subsequently charging him with three counts of felony assault. All three victims, including the man attacked on the subway, were transported to Brookdale University Hospital and are reported to be in stable condition.

Remarkably, Kentish was revealed to be a resident of the same shelter where the initial stabbing occurred, adding a layer of unsettling proximity to the events. As of Sunday evening, his arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court was pending, leaving the community anxiously awaiting further developments in this disturbing and unprovoked series of attacks.

As the Brooklyn community grapples with the shock of this senseless rampage, the conclusion of this disturbing incident underscores the urgent need for increased vigilance and security measures within shelters and public spaces. The fact that the alleged attacker, Abraham Kentish, resided in the very shelter where the first brutal assault took place raises questions about the safety protocols in such facilities.

The swift response of law enforcement in apprehending Kentish provides a semblance of reassurance, yet it also prompts a reflection on the underlying issues that may have led to such a violent outburst. As the legal process unfolds with Kentish's pending arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court, the community awaits a deeper understanding of the motives behind these attacks.

In the aftermath of this unsettling event, there is a renewed call for community support, mental health resources, and initiatives aimed at addressing the root causes of violence. The resilience of the victims, all of whom are now in stable condition, serves as a testament to the strength of the human spirit even in the face of unprovoked brutality. The incident serves as a stark reminder that fostering a safe and secure environment requires ongoing collaboration between law enforcement, social services, and the community at large.